Thursday, October 25, 2012

Trying My Luck (and Short Attention Span)

Just a few hours back, I decided to sign up for the NaNoWriMo challenge. (God bless my poor procrastinating soul.)

NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. It's supposed to be this real harrowing experience where you try to come up with the first draft of your novel of at least 50 thousand words in the span of an earth-month. The challenge officially starts on November 1 and ends on November 30. That's 30 days of trying to churn out at least 1667 words a pop.

So, as if I'm not yet neck-deep with my Masters' paper, tutoring responsibilities, and writing jobs, I will once again dive myself into this pool of time consuming uncertainty.

(Ka-drama ah.)

By now, I should at least have a plot in mind. But first, I need to go find a piece of it. My mind, that is.

Meanwhile, I'd love to hear your suggestions for story angle possibilities. Or if you're as much a Gemini as I am (Geminis will get what I mean), come join me as we embark on this challenge together, sink or swim :-)

P. S. Today was not so happy, hence no webseries chapter posted. I'm gonna make bawi tomorrow by posting at least two ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment