Monday, October 1, 2012

Trapped

(Author's Note: Opening the month with poetry. I am looking for photos that I could use for this piece. Please upload via Twitter and mention @iamcoolwaters. Thank you!)

I see you squeeze
your way through, as
the Cubao station mob
flood the “For Ladies Only”
section of the MRT.

I got in
two stations earlier,
leaning in that space
where the car could easily
fall apart.

Dear God, get me out of here.

Tough luck,
it just had to
happen during the 7am rush.

Our eyes half-bump
into each other;
you look away.

Classy.

I see your hand
holding on
to the elbow of the Chinita
beside/in-front-of you.

Three-month-rule-my-ass.

I finger the heart-
shaped locket on my chest,
realizing that our past, like
Magallanes station, is
a lifetime away.

No comments:

Post a Comment