Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Third Sleepover

(Author's Note: At the start of the month, I mentioned that I was dedicating this month's posts to the friends I've made from the Peyups Girl-to-Girl thread. That is why I am taking a pause from the current web series to make way for this quick lit fix that I am dedicating to two of my very good friends who are celebrating their anniversary as a couple today. This was the microfiction that inspired 'Kung Hindi Man Makatulog.' Enjoy! - Lee)

Four A.M. Slivers of light from the post outside the window were squeezing their way between the curtains like a Peeping Tom. Kei has been lying restlessly still beside Amy for the past three hours.

“Still up?” Amy’s voice cooed like a winding down record.

She turns to face Amy, but does not dare open her eyes. She could feel the warmth and moistness of Amy’s breath on her cheeks. Soon, light will be slaying the pregnant promises of darkness.

Then, without warning, Amy’s lips were on hers.

Kei savors a heartbeat’s span of velvety bliss. Then, contentment. Finally, sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment